FANDOM


Should a gigantic battle occur in the vicinity of a planet, there is a slight chance that the debris scattered in the planet's gravity field will condense into a solid, subzero, somewhat smaller satellite, in short: a moon.

BuildingsEdit

A moon is special because it is the only place where the Lunar Base, the Sensor Phalanx, and the Jump Gate can be constructed. A lunar base must be built first to provide three fields for other buildings.

Moons are exceedingly important because they allow you to invisibly fleetsave where the Sensor Phalanx cannot see.

The following buildings can be constructed on a moon:

Resource mines, Research Lab, Nanite Factory, Terraformer, Missile Silo cannot be built on a moon.

As long as the required Shipyard level is constructed, any Defenses can be built on a moon. Just like a Planet, constructed defenses do not use up fields.

Moons can be the target of Interplanetary Missile attacks from version 0.78a.

While it is possible to build storage tanks on the surface, this is not recommended, since a moon cannot produce any resources from mines. Building slots on a moon are very expensive and must be put to careful use.

ObtainingEdit

Having a moon is so desirable for success in OGame that many players team up to organize a series of moonshots until they get one. At the game's maximum of 20% odds that a moon will form and 80% that it will not, you need a huge amount of luck to get one.

Probability of moon formation from ship debris
Ship 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6% 7% 8% 9% 10% 11% 12% 13% 14% 15% 16% 17% 18% 19% 20%
Small Cargo Ship 84 166 250 334 417 500 584 667 750 834 917 1.000 1.084 1.167 1.250 1.337 1.417 1.500 1.584 1.667
Large Cargo Ship 29 56 84 112 139 167 195 223 250 278 306 334 362 389 417 445 473 500 528 556
Light Fighter 84 166 250 334 417 500 584 667 750 834 917 1.000 1.084 1.167 1.250 1.337 1.417 1.500 1.584 1.667
Heavy Fighter 34 67 100 134 167 200 234 267 300 334 367 400 434 467 500 534 567 600 634 667
Cruiser 13 25 37 50 62 75 87 99 112 124 136 149 161 173 186 198 210 223 235 247
Battle Ship 6 12 17 23 28 34 39 45 50 56 62 67 73 78 84 89 95 100 106 112
Colony Ship 12 23 34 45 56 67 78 89 100 112 123 134 145 156 167 178 189 200 212 223
Recycler 21 42 63 84 105 126 146 167 188 209 230 250 271 292 313 334 355 375 396 417
Espionage Probe 334 667 1.000 1.334 1.667 2.000 2.334 2.667 3.000 3.334 3.667 4.000 4.334 4.667 5.000 5.334 5.667 6.000 6.334 6.667
Bomber 5 9 14 18 23 27 32 36 40 45 49 54 58 63 67 72 76 80 85 89
Solar Satellite 134 267 400 534 667 800 934 1.067 1.200 1.334 1.467 1.600 1.734 1.867 2.000 2.134 2.267 2.400 2.534 3.334
Destroyer 4 7 10 13 16 19 22 25 28 31 34 37 40 43 46 49 52 55 58 61
Death Star - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Battlecruiser 5 10 15 20 24 29 34 39 43 48 53 58 62 67 72 77 81 86 91 96

StatisticsEdit

SizeEdit

The size of the moon is dependent on the amount of debris present during formation. It is randomly determined during the battle, but a 20% moonchance will guarantee that your moon is >8000.

The size determines the number of deathstars it will take to destroy your moon, and how likely your moon is to destroy an attacking deathstar sent on a moon destruction mission. The formulas are provided in a separate section below.

TemperatureEdit

The temperature is not important on a moon. It does not have any use as of yet.

DestroyingEdit

A moon can be destroyed by a fleet of Death Stars. But if the moon is not destroyed, there is a chance that the moon will destroy the death stars. The formulas are provided below.

FormulasEdit

Predložak:Key

Maximum building slots = $ \left( \frac{S}{1000} \right) ^{2} $

Chance to destroy moon = $ ( 100-\sqrt{S} )\times\sqrt{D} $

Chance the deathstar is destroyed = $ \frac{\sqrt{S}}{2} $

Before deathstars destroy a moon, they have to fight with fleets and defences on the moon. There is almost always a greater chance that the deathstar(s) will be destroyed than the moon - however, take for example a size 8944 moon being attacked by 100 deathstars. There is a 54.27% chance that the moon will be destroyed yet a 47.29% chance the deathstars will be destroyed. Additionally, any number of deathstars greater than 339 causes a claimed greater than 100% chance of moon destruction.

See alsoEdit

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.