This article is about colonizing in the old universes. For the guide on how to colonize in the redesigned universes see Colonization

Colonization - This is when a Colony Ship is sent to an empty planet position using the colonization mission. When the ship arrives it will immediately create a colony for you (assuming you don't have nine planets already). You are given 500 metal and crystal to start building. The colony ship can only be used once.

If another player's colony ship reaches the position first, your ship will return to its origin.

Colony SizesEdit

Planet Size Chart

A visual representation of the average size of planets.

There is a 60% chance that the table to the right is applied. The other 40% is totally random. So it's possible that you get a slot 1 or 15 colony with 300 fields, but you can also get a slot 6 colony with only 40 fields. These graphs give a mean average. It IS possible to get a

>200 fielder on slots 3 or 15 but the chance of this happening is extremely slim. Note: The distribution of planet sizes has been changed in the redesigned universes. Please see Colonizing in Redesign Universes.

Notes Edit

  • Do not try to send extra cargo in the colony ship; it will not be added to the planet's resources. You will always begin with 500 metal and crystal. Any ships you send with the colony ship will return to the home planet and will not drop their cargo at the new colony.
    **However, this does not apply in the redesigned universes.

== Tips ==
*To develop your colony efficiently, send resources to it in the following proportions: Ratio of M:C:D = 11:4:1 This way, with the single large cargo you will be able to develop Metal Mine L9, Crystal Mine L9, Solar Plant L9, and Robotic Factory L3.
For a single large cargo, M:C:D = 16500:6000:1500 = 24000 total resources, so there is room for some extra metal/crystal and enough space for deuterium to make it to your planet. This also leaves 100 deuterium for a level 1 shipyard.
*It is recommended that you will choose your planet area using the next information:   if you are a all rounder make some close and some far

If you are a defensive user- You are a defensive user if you defend your planets at first, and if you'd rather defend than attack. In this case you should keep your planets close to each other, so you can assist them in case of attack.
If you are an offensive user- You are an offensive user if you like to attack other members and care less about your defense. In this case you should spread your planets, so you will have access to many planets and it will be more likely that you will find a weak planet.

== See also ==
*Colony Ship
*Guide: Colonizing a new planet


ExpeditionColonizationHarvest / RecycleTransportDeploymentEspionageACS DefendAttackACS AttackMoon Destruction

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.