Saving while being attacked
If you are attacked by a fleet superior to your defenses, try to avoid loosing precious resources and ships by saving them. You have a few options to do so.
Save by Mission
This method is very simple: Load your resources into transports and move the fleet elsewhere. The timing and the speed of the fleet are of the essence here to save deuterium. If there is an available debris field on your planet, you can move there if you have recyclers. After the attack you can recall the mission to get your ships and resources back quickly. Pro:
- One regains one's resources shortly after the battle, so the losses are limited to solar satellites and defense.
- The recyclers can mine the debris field in the time spent there.
- Especially in the early game, the transport capacity might not suffice for all of one's resources.
- Fleeing in a DF bears the risk of one being detected by a sensor phalanx.
Save by building/researching
If one has to save large amounts of resources, one can start upgrading a building or research a technology. After the attack, the process can be aborted to gain the resources back. Building ships or defenses in the shipyard is not recommended, because the build orders in the shipyard can't be aborted. But even that option can be exploited if there is no other option, because one can save infinite resources by building ships. And it is better to get a few ships than to be raided and let the enemy have the resources. Pro:
- Large, virtually infinite amounts of resources can be saved.
- Not always possible (building already in progress, or even worse, the research lab is being upgraded, i.e.: no research and no building possible)
Save while being absent
Nobody can be online 24 hours a day. So if one wants to not be raided and attack while offline, it is necessary to save resources and fleets while being absent.
The main method is fleetsaving. That article provides all the details you need to know on that important skill.
Saving through vacation mode - the safest method
Self explanatory, though only for long term use, since the vacation mode needs to be active for at least 3 days and mines don't produce in that time.
|Strategy for OGame|